Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I found my lost post!

The other day I was in Abbotsford, looking to buy new work shoes. The plan was for me to pick John-Mark up at work, and then we would hang out. Somehow, I arrived at his work 20 minutes before the end of his shift. Great. So I thought to myself "Ill be an amazing person and bring him ice cream." (keeping in mind that my fiancee eats large quantities of ice cream on a daily basis). Immediately after this thought, I thought, "where the heck am I?" You see, I knew how to get to and from John-Mark's work, but I really had no idea where it was in relation to the rest of the world. I figured it wouldnt be hard to find somewhere that had ice cream.... a gas station, DQ, something! So, following my instincts, and my natural good sense of direction, I turned left, and hoped to find something soon. I ended up driving down a long twisty road. Ten minutes later, I thought that Id better turn around, because I obviously was not getting anywhere. Then, I saw something I recognised. It was Castle Fun Park! I knew there was a Mc Donalds not too far off, and so I went for it: the drive through. I drove up, and past the menu, and all of a sudden, I was almost at the window! I missed the box that talks to you. Oops. So, I put Wilfred into reverse, and kept my eyes peeled. No box. Weird. Then, I see a sign. On the window. A sign I wished Id seen 30 seconds earlier. Please Order and Pay at Window. Oh. Great. So, I pull up to the window, and theres this guy there, and hes trying not to laugh at me. I tried to explain myself, but that didnt work, so I just quickly ordered a Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry, and gave him my money. Then, he closed the window. I dont know what was wrong with me then. Obviously theres another window on the other side of the building. But I sit there for a second, because I was confused, and I wanted the ice cream I just paid for. Then the guy opens the window, and tells me to drive forward to pick up the ice cream. "uhh... yeah... ,of course...... uh...." I say. What a dork I am. Oh well. So I got the ice cream and drove down the twisty road again and arrived just as my ice cream loving man got off work. At least he appreciated it. Apparantly he was just thinking that an ice cream would be nice. Shocker.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ohh, I miss you sometimes, Cassy!

I wonder if something happened to us in those formulative years of elementary school, because seriously, my life is a connected series of events just like this.

(Today I slipped on ice while carrying groceries and coffee and talking to a boy. My groceries flew, my eggs broke and my 4.00 coffee scalded- he helped me up, after he stopped laughing. That is what I get for showing off!)

What do you think: was it a) the library monitoring, or b) the random things we ate in the playground.