Monday, October 16, 2006

I Hate Coffee?

First, I know you are all shocked at the title of this post. I am too, a little. But, this is what ran through my head the other day at work. Heres why.
First, I was making coffee, and I pulled out the filter holder thing, so that I could put a fresh filter and grounds in. Apparently, someone had already done this. Im not sure what happened next exactly, but there were coffee grounds everywhere. On the counter, on the floor, in the burner, under the coffee maker, on me.... and just so you know, they are super fun to clean up.
Later that day, I returned to the coffee maker to check on the progress of a couple pots. The one wasnt dripping anymore, but the pot wasnt even half full. Hmmm... strange. So, the obvious next step is to pull out the filter and see what was going on. Little did I know that it was clogged, and when I opened it, I spilled a whole bunch of boiling hot water and coffee grounds all over the floor, the burner, under the coffee maker, down the wall, on me... Can you believe it? Twice in one day! Ridiculous. I was not impressed, and this is where, in my mind, I said to myself "I hate coffee". Later I apologized, and coffee and I are getting along like nothing ever happened, thankfully!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Cassy! Guess what, that happened to me this summer! the boiling water and grind everywhere bit, and I still have a burn scar on my foot! I never started hating all coffee, just the stuff from Tim Horton's.

Girl_In_Saskatoon said...

Cassy I was so scared there for a minute as you know i LOVE coffee some would even say i have and un healthy relationship with it. We should drink some together soon.

brent said...

I've always hated coffee and it has always left me alone. Perhaps we know that if we ever met (like you did this day), the mortal combat would result in the destruction of the earth...hmmmmm....

Ashley Ronnell said...

I am glad you and coffee worked things out. I was worried for a minute.

Anonymous said...

I don't drink coffee at all...only tea:)

Anonymous said...

I have recently realized that I don't enjoy the taste of coffee. It's weird, I did for a while but now I pour a cup sit down, drink it and think ew. So I go for chai tea. I'm sure I'll move back to coffee some day. Perhaps its b/c some how I knew how coffee was treating you and could taste how bitter your relationship with it has been. Probably, that's why

Ashley Ronnell said...

i always drink chai too late at night and then fall asleep really really late at night. unless it is morning glory chai. then i fall asleep right after drinking it and have the wierdest dreams of my life.